Car rental in Costa Rica is the best option for enjoying the wonderful natural landscapes of the country at your leisure. There are a lot of car rental agencies throughout the country where you can find the perfect car to help you have the holiday of a lifetime.
- 1 Ten reasons to rent a van in Costa Rica
- 1.1 1. Traveling Costa Rica by car is the perfect option for everyone who likes to travel in a relaxed way, free from ties or schedules.
- 1.2 2. You won’t have to worry about arriving at a specific time at a specific place to return the vehicle
- 1.3 3. Travelling by car will make your family holiday in Costa Rica truly unforgettable.
- 1.4 4. You can live like a real “tico” and get to know the locals
- 1.5 5. Car hire in Costa Rica is very straightforward and safe
- 1.6 6. What can you see in Costa Rica with your hire car?
- 1.7 7. Renting a car is the best option if you’re travelling to Costa Rica with children or in a group
- 1.8 8. Rent a 4×4
- 1.9 9. If you travel the country with a hire car you’ll be able to visit Costa Rica’s volcanoes.
- 1.10 10. Travelling by hire car in Costa Rica is safe
Ten reasons to rent a van in Costa Rica
1. Traveling Costa Rica by car is the perfect option for everyone who likes to travel in a relaxed way, free from ties or schedules.
A sure bet for an independent trip full of adventure. Stop whenever you feel like it, and enjoy the natural wonders that you will find during the trip: wildlife such as sloths and iguanas. With your own hire vehicle you won’t need to depend on taxis or buses.
The best thing to do is to rent a van in Costa Rica. In some places, the roads aren’t great, and the terrain can be rough, but with 4×4 you’ll be able to get to hard-to-reach Costa Rican beaches such as those in northern Guanacaste.
Beautiful Iguanita beach is a haven of peace with its blue waters and pearly grey sand, lying between Playa Arenilla and Manzanillo Beach in Culebra Bay in Guanacaste. Perfect for spending a few relaxing days away from the crowds. A paradise where you can take long walks along the coast, go scuba diving and sunbathe. However, as it can only be reached via rough roads, a 4×4 is a must in order to be able to get there.
2. You won’t have to worry about arriving at a specific time at a specific place to return the vehicle
With Asuaire Travel you can pick up and return your vehicle at various points throughout Central America. At no extra cost we’ll deliver the car to your hotel in Guápiles, Tamarido, San José Airport, San José, Manuel Antonio, Liberia or the Gulf of Papagayo.
3. Travelling by car will make your family holiday in Costa Rica truly unforgettable.
A wonderful opportunity to enjoy and share the amazing adventures that you’ll have in this very special country. An unforgettable, once in a lifetime family holiday.
4. You can live like a real “tico” and get to know the locals
The best way to get to know the culture and lifestyle in Costa Rica. You’ll be able to try tasty regional dishes at typical restaurants and visit spectacular places that can’t be accessed without your own private transport. Don’t worry about local taxes, they’re included in the price you pay for your car rental with Asuaire Travel.
5. Car hire in Costa Rica is very straightforward and safe
Asuaire Travel offers you every guarantee. To reserve your vehicle, with WIFI and a sat nav included, all you need to do is to pay a 100 dollar deposit with your credit card. In addition, you get comprehensive insurance that will cover you in the case of any incident or accident – a crash, a rollover, theft, a flat tyre, damage to the vehicle – and roadside assistance is of course included as well.
6. What can you see in Costa Rica with your hire car?
You can see whatever you want, whenever you want. Visit incredible national parks, and enjoy all the natural wonders. For example, the Manuel Antonio National Park where you can discover some of those natural wonders and enjoy its stunning beaches. There is free parking in the national park.
7. Renting a car is the best option if you’re travelling to Costa Rica with children or in a group
It’s more comfortable for everyone, and you can organise your itinerary to suit your needs: you’re the one who chooses what to see in Costa Rica during your trip. The kids will be much more comfortable in a car than on public transport such as buses or trains. Touring Costa Rica with children has never been so easy!
8. Rent a 4×4
Rent a 4×4 such as the Toyota Prado – it’ll get you out of trouble if you travel in the rainy season. Some roads can become a real quagmire, so you need a four-wheel drive
9. If you travel the country with a hire car you’ll be able to visit Costa Rica’s volcanoes.
The views are spectacular and unforgettable. The Arenal volcano, with its perfect volcanic cone, located in the Arenal National Park; Poás, with its boiling acid lake; or the active volcano Irazú, with a spectacular bright green lake in one of its craters.
10. Travelling by hire car in Costa Rica is safe
If you have any queries or problems, call the Asuaire Travel travel advisor at any time, 24/7. If you need a driver to give you a hand, we’ll supply one free of charge.
So don’t think twice and choose car hire in Costa Rica to explore every corner of a country packed with surprises.